Sunday, September 12, 2010

do it yourself fabric bulletin board



















I never thought I would be a fan of Martha Stewart, but lately I can’t help but be drawn to her book “Martha Stewart’s Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts.” This is one of the most beautiful craft books I have ever seen and I feel inspired every time I open the book.

Ever since I bought my sewing machine I have wanted to create a sewing area and creating an “Ideas Board” will help bring together the space. I was particularly fond of her ideas for making bulletin boards out of homasote and fabric. Apartment therapy also has some great ideas for homasote bulletin boards.

Homosote is made from recycled paper and it can be easily found at your local hardware store (I found some in Chicago at Menards). All you need is a fabric, a staple gun, and homasote ( My final dimensions were 32 inches by 43 inches).


No comments:

Post a Comment